OUR SEPTEMBER 2014 NEWSLETTER IS NOW AVAILABLE:
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 6 pm - 2 CREDIT CLE DINNER MEETING at the Columbus Club
On Wednesday, October 1st, we have a great CLE Dinner General Meeting lined up for you with James Shenwick on the topic of commercial leasing and bankruptcy. For the past 25 years, Jim has practiced in the areas of bankruptcy law, real estate, commercial leasing, workouts and short sales. His bankruptcy practice includes both personal and business clients on the creditor and debtor sides. Amongst other things, Jim represents parties in Chapter 11 cases, landlords dealing with the assumption and rejection of leases by bankrupt tenants and creditors seeking damages from fraudulent conveyances. You must RSVP to attend using our Online Portal (CLICK HERE).
Monday, October 13, 2014 at 11 am - Annual Columbus Day Parade March & Luncheon
On Monday, October 13th, the Association will march in the Annual Columbus Day Parade. At 11am, we meet at the large clock on the West side of Fifth Avenue and East 44th Street. Lunch will follow at Per Lei Restaurant located at 1347 Second Avenue (Corner of 71st St). The cost to participate is $55.00. Your RSVP via the ONLINE PORTAL is required no later than Friday, October 10th. Please see the attached flyer in our October Newsletter for more details. We encourage all to attend this family friendly event and set your DVRS so you can see yourself on television!
Our Mission Statement:
- To function as a Bar Association comprised of lawyers of Italian ancestry.
- To maintain a program that provides continuing legal education for members of the Bar.
- To make charitable contributions to worthy law students in the form of scholarships.
- To honor Italian Culture, Innovation, Achievement and Heritage with lectures and study.
We are proud to participate in the judicial screening process, appointing members of Columbian Lawyers Association to the New York Supreme and Civil Court screening panels. The panels convene every April. It is time consuming but rewarding work, contributing to the selection of qualified candidates for election to our Courts.
From the President:
Dear Members and Friends:
We look forward to an exciting year, and we, as an organization, seek to achieve the following goals:
- Continue to promote and develop a monthly CLE program with informative and entertaining lectures to provide the most enjoyable method of acquiring requisite CLE credits for both our Italo-American Members and our Member Friends.
- Strengthen our bond with our associated CLA organizations in neighboring counties through enhanced communication and jointly sponsored events.
- Enlighten and entertain all CLA Members with Italian cultural outings and programs.
- Cultivate newly admitted Italo-American attorneys as new Members, Officers, Directors and Committee participants.
- Enhance our Scholarship program with added promotion and fund-raising.
- Raise awareness of our organization through an active public relations campaign.
Stephen J. Savva, Esq., President