OUR JUDGES’ NIGHT REGISTRATION FORM IS NOW AVAILABLE:
OUR AUGUST 2014 NEWSLETTER IS NOW AVAILABLE:
Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 7 pm - JUDGES’ NIGHT at the Columbus Club
On Wednesday September 10, 2014 at 7pm, our General Member Meeting will be our Annual Judges’ Night Event at the Columbus Citizens Foundation. We urge all to attend this event or at the very least, help support the Association by donating funds to help sponsor a Judge via our online portal. Each year we set aside a Wednesday evening in September to honor Judges of Italian American ancestry. This is one of our premiere events and it offers an unparalleled opportunity to network and socialize with members of the bench and bar. The cost to attend is $135 per person and $125 for Judges. To register for the event, please contact the event Chair, Suzanne Adams at email@example.com or Register Online via this link: http://fs16.formsite.com/ColumbianLawyers/form33/index.html
Our Mission Statement:
- To function as a Bar Association comprised of lawyers of Italian ancestry.
- To maintain a program that provides continuing legal education for members of the Bar.
- To make charitable contributions to worthy law students in the form of scholarships.
- To honor Italian Culture, Innovation, Achievement and Heritage with lectures and study.
We are proud to participate in the judicial screening process, appointing members of Columbian Lawyers Association to the New York Supreme and Civil Court screening panels. The panels convene every April. It is time consuming but rewarding work, contributing to the selection of qualified candidates for election to our Courts.
From the President:
Dear Members and Friends:
We look forward to an exciting year, and we, as an organization, seek to achieve the following goals:
- Continue to promote and develop a monthly CLE program with informative and entertaining lectures to provide the most enjoyable method of acquiring requisite CLE credits for both our Italo-American Members and our Member Friends.
- Strengthen our bond with our associated CLA organizations in neighboring counties through enhanced communication and jointly sponsored events.
- Enlighten and entertain all CLA Members with Italian cultural outings and programs.
- Cultivate newly admitted Italo-American attorneys as new Members, Officers, Directors and Committee participants.
- Enhance our Scholarship program with added promotion and fund-raising.
- Raise awareness of our organization through an active public relations campaign.
Stephen J. Savva, Esq., President