OUR NOVEMBER 2014 NEWSLETTER is NOW AVAILABLE:
WED. NOVEMBER 5th CLE DINNER MEETING at the Columbus Club
TOPIC: The Admissibility of Experts & Expert Reports (2 Credits)
Wednesday, November 5, 2014 at 6 pm
The Honorable Joseph J. Maltese
Associate Justice of the Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department
On Wednesday, November 5th, we have a great CLE Dinner Meeting lined up for you presented by the Honorable Joseph J. Maltese of the Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department. Justice Maltese will be lecturing on the topic of experts and the admissibility of their reports. Space is limited for this event, so you must RSVP using our Online Portal (TO REGISTER & PAY VIA CREDIT CARD OR PAYPAL CLICK HERE). You need not be a Member to attend, but additional fees apply for non-members. Membership information is available on this website, as well as in our current Newsletter.
At this meeting, we will hold our annual elections for the term commencing January 1, 2015. The following individuals were duly nominated in accordance with the Constitution & By-Laws of the Association:
President – Stephen J. Savva
First Vice President – Maria A. Guccione
Second Vice President – Marianne E. Bertuna
Treasurer – Sigismondo Renda
Executive Secretary – Paolo A. Strino
Recording Secretary – Ottavio Mannarino
Financial Secretary – Suzanne J. Adams
Corresponding Secretary – Clara Flebus
Parliamentarian – Joseph Longo
Christopher A. Quaranta – 2015
Vincent Apicella – 2015
Hon. John DiChiaro – 2017
Matthew Grieco – 2017
Hon. John A. Perone – 2017
X-Mas Party Registration Form (Dec. 3, 2014) IS NOW AVAILABLE:
Our Mission Statement:
- To function as a Bar Association comprised of lawyers of Italian ancestry.
- To maintain a program that provides continuing legal education for members of the Bar.
- To make charitable contributions to worthy law students in the form of scholarships.
- To honor Italian Culture, Innovation, Achievement and Heritage with lectures and study.
We are proud to participate in the judicial screening process, appointing members of Columbian Lawyers Association to the New York Supreme and Civil Court screening panels. The panels convene every April. It is time consuming but rewarding work, contributing to the selection of qualified candidates for election to our Courts.
From the President:
Dear Members and Friends:
We look forward to an exciting year, and we, as an organization, seek to achieve the following goals:
- Continue to promote and develop a monthly CLE program with informative and entertaining lectures to provide the most enjoyable method of acquiring requisite CLE credits for both our Italo-American Members and our Member Friends.
- Strengthen our bond with our associated CLA organizations in neighboring counties through enhanced communication and jointly sponsored events.
- Enlighten and entertain all CLA Members with Italian cultural outings and programs.
- Cultivate newly admitted Italo-American attorneys as new Members, Officers, Directors and Committee participants.
- Enhance our Scholarship program with added promotion and fund-raising.
- Raise awareness of our organization through an active public relations campaign.
Stephen J. Savva, Esq., President